The major news for Volvo in the 2022 model year can not be viewed as news supplied the brand’s extended-long lasting standing for safety. The Swedish brand backed by a Chinese multinational gained 13 IIHS Major Safety Pick+ awards, which lots of look at to be the most demanding security recognition bestowed in the U.S. Each and every design examined gained the designation, becoming a member of Genesis and its 6 designs as the only makes with the protection accolade on each and every vehicle it sells.
In addition to upholding its reputation for basic safety, Volvo continues to honor its pledge to electrify the entire lineup. Volvo enters the 2022 model calendar year with a plug-in hybrid or electric variant on all types besides in its wagon loved ones, which element 48-volt delicate-hybrid know-how. PHEV and BEV designs are distinguished by the Recharge title. By 2030, Volvo strategies to become absolutely electric and end growth and income of new cars and trucks powered by inner combustion engines.
This iteration of Volvo cars and trucks can be considered a bridge generation to the up coming era of automotive, but it won’t be able to be forgotten. As a substitute, it is really vital for Volvo to get it suitable and usher individuals from a reliance on engines to a rely on in electrification, in its a lot of iterations.
This is a glimpse at what is actually new for Volvo, outside of its superlative basic safety ratings.
– Volvo’s first electric motor vehicle bought only as a BEV and with out a gasoline-driven counterpart.
– Centered on the XC40 Recharge and identical to the Polestar 2, the C40 Recharge hatchback takes advantage of a 78-kwh lithium ion battery pack and a motor on possibly axle that incorporate to make 402 hp and 486 lb-ft of torque.
– Volvo prices a an EPA-believed selection of 225 miles, and a -60 mph time of 4.5 seconds.
– On a 150-kw DC quick charger the C40 Recharge should be in a position to recharge from 10% to 80% in 37 minutes.
– Standard attributes involve a 9.-inch touchscreen functioning Google’s operating technique, a heat pump, Harman Kardon seem, and heated seats entrance and rear.
– Begins just under $60,000.
Up to date
2022 Volvo XC60
2022 Volvo XC60
– Five-seat crossover SUV functions an up-to-date exterior and an inside with a 12.3-inch touchscreen functioning on an Android-based (Google) working process.
– All XC60’s aspect 48-volt gentle-hybrid technological know-how that retailers regenerative braking power.
– XC60 Recharge plug-in hybrid capabilities a more substantial battery pack, from 11.6 kwh to 18.7 kwh electric driving selection increases from 19 to 32 miles quicker acceleration is complemented by a person-pedal driving, which is scarce for a PHEV.
– XC60 Recharge features a turbocharged and supercharged inline-4 fuel motor and huge motor on the rear axle that incorporate to make 455 hp and 523 lb-ft (up from 400 hp and 472 lb-ft on the 2021 product).
2022 Volvo XC40
– XC40 Recharge electrical crossover boosts array from 208 to 223 miles, and sporting activities an effectiveness ranking of 85 MPGe alternatively of 79 MPGe on the 2021 model.
– XC40 Recharge functions a 75-kwh battery pack and dual-motor all-wheel travel, as nicely as the Android running procedure and a conventional surround-perspective digicam method.
– The T4 and T5 2.-liter turbo-4 fuel versions continue to be the similar.
2022 Volvo S60
– Mid-size sedan gets moderate-hybrid tech to strengthen gasoline economic climate to 28 mpg put together with AWD.
– Volvo dropped the base turbo-4.
2022 Volvo S90
– Comprehensive-dimensions sedan will get the very same procedure as the S60.
2022 Volvo V60 and V60 Cross State wagons
2022 Volvo V90 and V90 Cross State wagons
2022 Volvo XC90
– A few-row SUV is owing for a redesign, most likely for 2023.